Yet another Song of the Day essay went up today for NPR. I saw Joan as Police Woman open for Andrew Bird about a month ago, and despite the rather inattentive and talkative crowd which can ruin a quiet performance, she held it together and put on a great performance. Check out the song [...]
These are the posts from June 2007
27 June 2007
Posted by Aryn Crowley
Here we go ladies and gents, my very first hello.cover version 1. From Greg Johnsons world through my fingers and vocal chords it makes its debut to the internets. I am likeing how this is turning out so far.. Going for that jovial, almost I’m From Barcelona type sound, which I think [...]
REDISCOVERING ALICE IN CHAINS..and the DIMINISHING RETURNS of GRUNGE BANDS
The other day, when I came across a Ryan Adams performance of Alice in Chains’ song ‘Down in a Hole,’ memories began flooding back to when I was younger and how much I listened to this music. Though I mostly look fondly at this era, [...]
Did some significant work last night on this song…added some instruments and remixed it a bit. Still quite a ways off from completion I think but stepping in the right direction. Next up..reworking the vocals. Also thinking of repeating the chorus again before the grand fade out, but that will push the [...]
These are the 3 albums that I threw on yesterday while processing work related business reports… Check em out when you have time, or don’t .. its your dollar/ears.
A Ghost is Born by Wilco
Coming off of getting to see them in DC last weekend, (thanks to a random series of business trips, random timing of [...]
A few things to consume today:
– In a Take-Away Show-inspired move, Shout Out Louds perform their new single on the streets.
– Pitchfork interviews The White Stripes.
– Baadasssss filmmaker and blaxploitation provocateur Melvin Van Peebles talks with Nerve.
Welcome back everyone to Hello Music releases… My absence can only be explained by computer problems, nice weather, and a general malaise of artistic self doubt. As you will here on this track, it is largely unfinished and still pretty rough. The vocals will need to be redone for pitch, the second verse [...]
Here are some things we suggest you read if you like to read on the web.
– NPR’s All Things Considered talks about Michael Moore’s new film Sicko.
– Slate explains how Apple squeezed out more power from the iPhone’s battery.
– AV Club chats with Spongebob voice (and Mr Show alum) Tom Kenny.
– Wired takes a [...]
More than a week after last Monday’s finale of the Sopranos, discussions, arguments and over-analysis in reaction to the controversial ending have calmed to a mild simmer. But with the spoofs and remix projects now coming fast and furious, a co-worker and I began to wonder about the impact of the usage of Journey’s ‘Don’t [...]
Three things worth giving a crappy about today on the net:
– The AV Club’s Noel Murray discusses the fiasco that was Waterworld in his great My Year in Flops series.
– NPR reports on illegal indie rock from Iran.
– Secret vintage video games discovered, embedded in vinyl LPs!
–BONUS!!! Watch the full Robot Chicken Star Wars [...]